In recent weeks, Singing River Health System has seen a decrease in COVID-19 cases. However, the fight is not over yet, and we are continuing to monitor the situation very closely. It is crucial we continue to follow guidelines implemented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) inside and outside of the hospital. During all this uncertainty, one thing remains certain – the well-being of our patients, staff, and community is our top priority.
With all the safety precautions our team is taking, we can assure you that our hospital remains one of the safest establishments to receive care. As we begin to slowly re-open, we have implemented a list of precautions to keep everything under control.
Steps we’re taking to keep you and our team safe:
- Screening processes in place for all patients, visitors and clinicians before entering facilities.
- COVID-19 testing of all guests who are admitted into our hospitals through the Emergency Room, Labor and Delivery guests, and all who are undergoing procedures 48 hours prior to their scheduled visits.
- Separate care locations for COVID-19 positive patients and those under investigation, who are masked and escorted to designated locations.
- Non-COVID-19 patients, including those receiving outpatient care or undergoing scheduled procedures, are treated in separate areas and assigned caregivers who are not concurrently caring for COVID-19 positive patients.
- Universal masking required throughout our facilities, which exceeds CDC guidelines.
- Heightened infection prevention policies, including the removal of high-touch items such as magazines, toys and vending machines from our facilities.
- Food and drinks prohibited in clinical units to prevent the spread of illness.
- Updated visitor policies, including limitations, which have been in place for the duration of the pandemic, remain in place across our facilities.
It is very important to remember to continue taking these precautions once you leave our hospital. We encourage everyone to continue to follow the guidelines implemented by the CDC as well as continuing to practice social distancing.
We realize the uncertainty surrounding this pandemic has created less than ideal situations for you and your families but we are remaining Singing River Strong every step of the way as we continue to provide the best high-quality care for our community.Lee Bond, Chief Executive Officer