Healthy Revolution Blueprint Recipes
Week 2: Fear Fried
Replace deep fried favorites with these “lesser evil” baked versions!
Oven Fried Chicken
- 8 bone-in or boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or more for more spice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cover baking sheet with non-stick foil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Add panko and all of the seasoning to a bowl, slowly pour olive oil onto mixture while mixing until evenly coated.
- Mix egg whites in a separate bowl until frothy.
- One at a time dip both sides of the chicken into egg whites and then into panko mixture and place on prepared baking sheet spaced evenly apart.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F
Crispy Baked French Fries
- 4 russet potatoes cut ¼ inch fry size wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Place cut potato pieces in cold water to soak for 20 minutes, drain water and pat dry with a towel.
- Mix dried potatoes with olive oil.
- Place evenly on a baking sheet with non-stick foil or non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Baked Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings or drumettes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 480 F
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place evenly on a baking sheet with non-stick foil or non-stick cooking spray. Cook about 20 minutes or until fully cooked
- Cook the butter and hot sauce on the stove in a saucepan until thoroughly mixed.
- Coat cooked wings in the prepared sauce
Week 6: Meal Prep
Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail. Here are our Sample Meal Plan Recipes.
- Romaine or butter lettuce
- Chopped red onion
- Kalamata olives
- Chopped cucumber
- Feta cheese
- Drained chickpeas
- Fresh mushrooms
- Any additional veggies of your choice
Greek Salad Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic pressed (1 teaspoon garlic powder if you do not like raw garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ ground pepper
Coconut Lime Cilantro Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs (trim excess fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 whole red or green chili, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk from a can or coconut cream
- Brown or white rice, cooked (for serving)
- Salt and pepper chicken on both sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on med-high heat and brown chicken on both sides (5-7 min.). Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onions and peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and chicken back to the pan to finish cooking, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes, turn and cook chicken for another 5 minutes if needed or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add coconut milk and simmer uncovered until sauce begins to thicken turning chicken as needed.
- Add lime juice, chopped cilantro and red chili flakes.
- Serve over brown or white rice.
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups of a variety of nuts and seeds of your choice
- ½ cup of coconut oil or extra light olive oil (must be the EXTRA light or it will have an olive flavor)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon of pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Optional additions: dried fruit, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F
- Combine oil, honey and vanilla in a large bowl (warm for 10 seconds in microwave if necessary)
- Add the oats, nuts and seeds. Toss together until fully combined and all of the dry ingredients are coated with the oil and honey mixture.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil
- Spread the mixture out on the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Stir halfway through or more until the oats are a golden brown.
- Let cool completely and store in a zip lock bag or airtight container.
- 1 lb ground chicken, turkey or lean beef
- ¼ homemade chili seasoning or more to taste
- 1 yellow onion chopped small
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cans of rotel
- 1 can of black beans or pinto beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- Red onions, fresh tomato, avocado, cilantro for serving
- Brown the meat in a large pot, add onion, garlic and chili seasoning and cook for 3-5 minutes on med-high heat.
- Add the beans and rotel.
- Fill the rotel can with water and add to the pot 2-3 times depending on desired consistency.
- Cover and simmer on low for at least 10 minutes (longer is better for the flavors to meld)
- Serve with chopped red onions, fresh tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- 3 bell peppers (all different colors)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup homemade fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Shrimp (can use chicken or steak also)
- Brown rice or whole grain tortillas
- Avocado, tomatoes, & cilantro (for serving)
- Slice bell peppers and onion into strips.
- Heat oil in a large skilled.
- Cook mushrooms for 5 minutes and add in peppers and onions to cook for about 3 minutes add in shrimp until fully cooked.
- Add seasoning and the lime juice until fully combined, add a little water if necessary to distribute seasoning evenly.
- Serve with brown rice or whole grain tortillas.
- Top with avocado, tomatoes and cilantro
Pecan Crusted Salmon
- Salmon 4-6 oz. per portion/person
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Brown rice (for serving)
- Pair with roasted broccoli (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Cut salmon into 4-6 oz. portions place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper skin side down.
- Combine Dijon mustard, lemon juice, thyme, sea salt and garlic powder. Spread generously on top of each piece of salmon. Add pecans evenly on top of the sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice
- Fresh broccoli
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Cut broccoli florets from the stalk.
- Lightly coat with olive oil and garlic salt.
- If there is room this can be roasted on the same backing sheet as the salmon (see recipe above).
- It can also be cooked for a just few minutes under the broiler for a few minutes, make sure to stir often and watch constantly if you use the broiler method.