Dr. Jess H. Mullens joined Bienville Orthopaedics in August of 2018. Dr. Mullens received his Bachelor of Science in Biology from Berry College in Rome, GA where he played basketball.
After obtaining his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Dr. Mullens went on to complete his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. He then completed his fellowship training in Foot and Ankle at The Steadman Clinic in Vail, CO where he served as a Team Physician for the US Ski and Snowboard teams.
A member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, Dr. Mullens’s clinical interests include sports ligament and tendon repair, ankle arthroscopy, ankle replacement, treatment of foot and ankle arthritis, and foot and ankle trauma. Dr. Mullens and his wife, Brittany, are excited to be living on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: The Steadman Clinic, Vail, CO
- Residency: University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, AL
- Medical School: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle
- General Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Ligament and Tendon Repair
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Ankle Replacement