Dr. John Drake is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Drake, who specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery, founded Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in 1981. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
He is one of Mississippi’s most experienced surgeons in the area of total joint replacement and is a former president of the Mississippi Orthopaedic Society.
He completed an AO Fellowship at the University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland in 1980 and a trauma fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in 1981.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: (Recipient of AO) University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland; (Trauma) University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Parkland Memorial Hospital
- Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Internship: Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Medical School: University of Mississippi, Jackson, MS
- Joint Replacement
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
- MAKO Robotic Joint Replacement