Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. is a 501c (3) nationwide charity located in East Taunton, MA, whose mission is to provide bullet and stab protective vests and other assistance to dogs of law enforcement and related agencies throughout the United States.
The non-profit is pleased to continue its “Healthcare for K9 Heroes” medical insurance program for 2020 which covers annual policy premiums. Since 2016, the charity has donated over $146,000 towards medical reimbursement programs for self-funded K9 units.
Selected as 2020 recipients to date are:
- Singing River Police Department, MS, K9 Jester
- 81st Judicial District Attorney, TX, K9 Gerben
- Marysville Police Department, MI, K9 Heiko
- Armstrong County Sheriff Office, PA, K9 Blak
- DuBois City Police Department, PA, K9 Ace
- Menasha Police Department, WI, K9 Cami
- Stevens Point Police Department, WI, K9 Barry
- Alquippa Police Department, PA, K9 Stella
- South Tom’s River Police Department, NJ, K9 Loki
- Grant County Sheriff’s Office, WA, K9 Hawk
- Jasper Police Department, IN, K9 Mack
- Lone Oak Police Department, TX, K9 Basa
- Clark County SO, IL, K9 Xena
- Gloucester County SO, VA, K9 Zeus
- Chelsea Police Department, OK, K9 Eli
- Allen Hospital-Unity Point, IA, K9 Kaya
- Wood County Constable, TX, K9 Juma
- Maywood Police Department, NJ, K9 Ryker
- Beebe Police Department, AR, K9 Crank
- Vermillion County Sheriff’s Office, IN, K9 Zeus
- Lewiston Police Department, NY, K9 Shadow
- Limestone County Constable, Precinct 3, TX, K9 Teddy
- Blytheville Police Department, AR, K9 Niko
- Richmond Police Department, RI, K9 Bico
- Kenosha City Police Department, WI, K9 Mani
- Villa Hills Police Department, KY, K9 Onexx
- Orange County Sheriff’s Office, IN, K9 Finn
- Canisteo Village Police Department, NY, K9 Dex
- Cumberland Police Department, PA, K9 Finn
The “Healthcare for K9 Heroes” grant is awarded to departments who have the financial burden of raising funds to support their K9 unit, who have no more than three K9s, and who have previously been awarded a vest through Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. Law enforcement dogs ages two through seven are eligible. The annual medical reimbursement insurance policy, administered by Trupanion, will cover illnesses, injuries—including those sustained in the line of duty—diagnostic testing and therapies. The plan allows the freedom to use any licensed veterinarian, specialty center, or emergency hospital in the United States.
Trupanion, a leader in medical insurance for cats and dogs, offers injury and illness coverage for working and service dogs— both on and off duty. For nearly two decades, Trupanion has given pet owners and working dog owners peace of mind so they can focus on their dog’s recovery, not financial stress. Trupanion is honored to support these brave K9 heroes and is committed to providing the highest value in medical insurance to help them receive the best veterinary care.
In addition to the healthcare reimbursement program, Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. has provided over 4,070 law enforcement dogs with the U.S. made, custom-fitted, NIJ certified bullet and stab protective vests in 50 states, at a value of over $6.9 million dollars.
For more information, please call 508-824-6978. Tax-deductible donations accepted via mail to Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. P.O. Box 9 East Taunton, MA 02718 or via the website: www.vik9s.org.