Behavioral Health Visitor Information
Visiting hours, rules, and directions for visitors to the Adult Behavioral Health Care Unit and Medical Psychiatric Care Unit at Pascagoula Hospital.
Who is Allowed to Visit
Visitation is limited for both units due to scheduled therapy and activities.
- Visitors are restricted to family only.
- Adult Behavioral Care Unit visitors must be 18 years or older.
- Medical Psychiatric Care Unit must be 12 years or older.
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time.
- Other restrictions may be made as part of therapy.
The Adult Behavioral Care Unit and the Medical Psychiatric Care Unit at Singing River Pascagoula Hospital have limited visiting hours due to scheduled therapy and activities.
- Visiting is allowed in day room only unless other arrangements are approved by physician.
- Geriatric Unit: Please call 228-809-5030 to speak to nursing staff for visiting hours and arrangements.
- Adult Behavioral Care Unit: Please call 228-809-5131 to speak to nursing staff for visiting hours and arrangements.
Both units are located at Pascagoula Hospital. Park and enter at the Patient Entrance. Ring the desk bell, and you’ll provide the clerk your patient’s four digit security code. The Medical (sometimes referred to as Geriatric) Unit is located on the ground floor, and the Adult (sometimes referred to as General) Unit is located on the first floor.
Rules and Restricted Items
Visitors must be appropriately dressed. All visitors will be scanned with a metal detector prior to entering the unit. Singing River Health System’s facilities are smoke-free environments and visitors are not allowed to smoke on any of our campuses. No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be permitted to visit. Sexual contact is prohibited.
The following are items not allowed inside the Behavioral Health Units at Pascagoula Hospital. Staff is not allowed to keep or store these items for you.
- Cell phones
- Cigarettes and lighters
- Outside food or drinks
- Guns or other weapons
- Sharp objects