Singing River Health System continues to be recognized for quality care while carrying out its Mission of Improving Health and Saving Lives.
Singing River Health System‘s hospitals have been ranked #1 in the Market in Patient Safety for Overall Medical Care by Quantros CareChex Awards – the most reliable resource used by consumers, providers, and purchasers to evaluate, measure, and compare the quality and safety of inpatient hospital care in the U.S.
Our team of skilled physicians and staff believe in providing comprehensive, high-quality healthcare every day to our guests and in every area across the system. We are especially proud of this distinction because it speaks to Singing River’s Mission and upholds our second core value as fact – Quality is in our DNA.Lee Bond, Chief Executive Officer, Singing River Health System
We recognize that patients have a choice when it comes to their medical care. This accomplishment reassures our communities, especially our newest one in Gulfport, where people are still getting to know us – that Singing River is one of the very best health systems in the country and we are devoted to safety, service, and quality care.Tiffany Murdock, RN, Gulfport Hospital Administrator, Singing River Health System
Singing River Health System also received several awards by U.S. News & World Report for 2020-2021, including:
- Best Hospitals for Heart Failure Treatment
- Best Hospitals for COPD
- Best Nursing Homes/Short-Term Rehabilitation | Singing River Skilled Nursing Facility
We have always worked hard to provide the cleanest and safest environment for our patients/guests, visitors, and staff, which has become particularly important in these challenging times. Recent upgrades to our hospitals create a healthy and calming environment that enhances patient comfort and healing.Laurin St Pe, Pascagoula Hospital Administrator, Singing River Health System
Singing River Health System Hospitals were awarded an ‘A’ in the Fall 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, a national distinction recognizing Singing River’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer health care.
The achievement of recognition does not happen by chance. We take great pride in serving communities throughout our region and beyond. Our team strives to continually improve the care we provide, and we are honored to receive recognition on a regional, state, and national level.Heath Thompson, RN, Ocean Springs Hospital Administrator, Singing River Health System
Singing River Health System has received several other awards and accreditations in 2020-2021, including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction® Centers+ in Spine Surgery.
- Designated Lung Cancer Screening Centers by American College of Radiology
- Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence by American College of Radiology
- Singing River Cancer Centers Accredited by American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer – 8 years running.
- Vascular Testing Accreditation by Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- Timely Stroke Care Gold Plus Designation by American Heart Association
- CARF® Accredited Stroke Specialty Program | Comprehensive Rehab Center (CRC Inpatient Rehabilitation)
- CARF has rated Singing River CRC in the top 10% of all Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities in the United States.
- Civic Leadership ‘A’ Rated Hospital by Lown Institute | Gulfport Hospital
- Blue Distinction® Centers+ in Maternity Care | Ocean Springs Hospital
- BabyFriendly Hospital Designation | Ocean Springs Hospital
- Best Maternity Hospital by Newsweek | Gulfport Hospital
- MDHS Gold Standard Hospitals for Obstetric Hemorrhage AIM Safety
- MORA Hospital Leadership Award | Singing River Health System
- MORA Most Supportive Tissue Hospital | Ocean Springs Hospital
About Quantros CareChex Awards
Since 2009, Quantros has compiled the CareChex ratings to provide an objective quality review of all hospitals and health systems in America, with ratings for Safety and overall Medical Excellence at the national, state, and regional levels. The CareChex awards are based on a rigorous review of patient complications, readmissions, and mortality.
Quantros prides itself on providing the most comprehensive and objective calculation of hospital and system quality performance in the industry. Its vast datasets don’t include any self-reported or survey data. Results are tested for statistical significance, resulting in clearer/more accurate performance differentiation across 39 clinical categories in both Medical Excellence and Patient Safety.
About Singing River Health System
Singing River Health System is a community based, not-for-profit, Mission-driven provider of health services and one of the largest employers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Every day our dedicated team of caregivers makes an impact on the lives of almost everyone in our community, often in more ways than one.
Singing River provides critical health services, numerous community outreach programs and charitable services, and educational programs. We strengthen the local economy by recruiting over 300 of the very best physicians and other professionals to our community while providing good jobs, wages, and benefits to more than 3,000 employees and their families.
Through this dedication, we help improve the health of the community while making it a better place to live and work. Singing River is honored to be the caregiver of choice.
For more information, please visit www.singingriverhealthsystem.com.