Dr. Christopher Burks is a Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Burks joined Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in August of 2015. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the Baylor College of Medicine Medical Center in Houston, Texas, and received his fellowship training in orthopaedic and neurological spine surgery at the University of Virginia.
Dr. Burks earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Engineering from Mississippi State University, a Master of Science Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Tulane University, and his Doctor of Medicine Degree from the Tulane School of Medicine. Dr. Burks is licensed to practice medicine in Mississippi.
In his free time, he enjoys golfing, fishing, and spending time with his family.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: (Orthopaedic and Neurological Spine Surgery) University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Residency: (Orthopaedic Surgery) Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Medical School: Tulane School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Orthopaedic and Neurological Spine Surgery
- General Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Cervical Stenosis
- Lumbar Stenosis
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery