Dr. Daniel Wittersheim is a Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
A native of South Mississippi and graduate of St. Martin High School, Dr. Daniel A. Wittersheim joined Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in August of 2013.
Before joining Bienville Orthopaedics, he served as resident of orthopaedic surgery at the University of South Alabama, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in Mobile, AL. Dr. Wittersheim had special training in Phoenix, AZ under Dr. Anthony Hedley who pioneered the superior approach to hip replacements.
Dr. Wittersheim is a graduate of the University of South Alabama, the University of Alabama School of Medicine and is licensed to practice medicine in Mississippi, Alabama, and Arizona.
Dr. Wittersheim is married and enjoys exercising, music, hunting, fishing, and golf.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: (Adult Reconstructive Surgery) The Hedley Orthopaedic Institute, Phoenix, AZ
- Residency: (Orthopaedic Surgery) University of South Alabama, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mobile, AL
- Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Fracture Care
- General Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstruction
- Hip and Knee Replacement and Revision
- Minimally invasive, superior approach to hip replacements
- Robotic Arthroplasty