Singing River Health System is equipped with groundbreaking technology to diagnose and treat various heart conditions. For patients in need of valve replacement procedures, our nationally-recognized team of heart surgeons offer an array of both traditional and revolutionary options, including the all-new Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure.
What are the benefits of TAVR?
- Faster recovery time
- Home the next day
To discover the right option for you, and to learn more about the experienced team that will be with you every step of the way, talk to a qualified cardiac professional call (228) 762-3000.
At Singing River Health System, we are equipped with state-of-the-art technology to diagnose numerous heart conditions, we work to treat these conditions and perform procedures through minimally invasive techniques for virtually all types of cardiovascular health issues.
Specifically, we offer the following service facilities:
- Four Cardiac Catheterization Labs
- Multiple State-of-the-Art Surgical Suites
- Two Non-Invasive Cardiology Labs
- ICAVL Accredited Vascular Ultrasound Lab
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- Two Congestive Heart Failure Clinics
- Two Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinics
- Two Cardiac-Dedicated Emergency Rooms
- Hybrid Cardiovascular Surgical Suite for Structural Heart Procedures
The new Hybrid Cardiovascular Surgical Suite (Hybrid CVOR), is capable of supporting Singing River’s specially trained surgical team to provide:
- Any trans-catheter technology for a heart valve, including the revolutionary Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure
- Mitral Clip Valve Replacement procedure
Singing River’s Structural Heart Program and its introduction of a Hybrid CVOR, has taken its cardiac services into the future.
“The new Hybrid CVOR at Singing River Health System is the first operating room of its kind in South Mississippi and serves as an innovative approach in the delivery of advanced patient care.” – Laurin St Pe, Administrator
The Hybrid CVOR combines the best elements of an operating room with the state-of-the-art imaging technology necessary for interventional heart and vascular procedures.
Singing River’s Hybrid CVOR will enable advanced diagnostic imaging and surgical procedures to be performed simultaneously in the same room resulting in:
- Safer treatment
- Shorter hospital stays
- Faster recoveries
- Improved outcomes
Singing River Health System heart and vascular services includes a team of cardiologists that provide heart disease treatment and also focus on prevention. Our nationally-recognized heart surgeons provide surgery across Jackson County, rounding out the full-service cardiac continuum of care.
Our various treatment areas provide a wide array of services and treatment options.
The Center for Cardiovascular Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Valve Repair and Replacement
- Aneurysm Repair
- Thoracic Surgery
- Carotid Artery Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- Perceval Sutureless Valve Technology
Da Vinci Robotic Procedures – Lung Cancer Related
- Lobectomy and Wedge Resections
- Lung Biopsy
Congestive Heart Failure Clinic
- Short-term and long-term symptom management
- Drug therapies
- Education on lifestyle modification
- CHF Educational Video
Cardiac Cath Lab
- Cardiac diagnostic catheterization
- Coronary intervention procedures
- Balloon angioplasty
- Coronary stenting
- Rotational atherectomy
- Peripheral diagnostic catheterization / interventional procedures
- Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Carotid stenting
- Cardiac calcium scoring
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Monitored exercise sessions
- Education on behavior modification
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) certified