Vaccines for Children Program
Does your child have Medicaid, or is your child Medicaid-eligible? If so, they may be eligible to receive their shots for free via the Vaccines for Children Program. See the list of vaccines available through the program below, and call Singing River Pediatrics to schedule your child’s appointment today!
No-Cost Shots for Eligible Children
Mississippi’s Vaccines for Children Program provides vaccines at no cost to children 18 years of age or younger who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- American Indian/Alaska Native
- Medicaid-eligible or Medicaid-enrolled
Additional healthcare services may be available from Singing River Pediatrics via Mississippi’s EPSDT Program. Click Here for details on those offerings.
Vaccines Covered by the Vaccines for Children Program:
|Diphtheria||DTaP, DT, Td, Tdap, Kinrix, Quadracel, Pentacel, Pediarix|
|Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b)||Hib, Pentacel|
|Hepatitis B||HepB, Pediarix|
|Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)||HPV|
|Pertussis (Whooping Cough)||DTaP, Tdap, Kinrix, Quadracel, Pentacel, Pediarix|
|Polio||IPV, Pentacel, Pediarix|
|Tetanus||DTaP, DT, Td, Tdap, Kinrix, Quadracel, Pentacel, Pediarix|
About the Vaccines
- DTaP and Tdap combine protection against diptheria, tetanus, and pertussis.
- DT and Td combine protection against diptheria and tetanus.
- MMR combines protection against measles, mumps, and rubella.
- MMRV is a combination vaccine containing MMR and varicella.
- Kinrix and Quadracel are combination vaccines containing DTap and IPV.
- Pentracel is a combination vaccine containing DTaP, IPV, and Hib.
- Pediarix is a combination vaccine containing DTaP, IPV, and HepB.