Our Statement on COVID-19
VIRUS ALERT: COVID-19 is in Jackson County.
Stop the Spread, Call Ahead! STAY HOME and CALL US FIRST.
Updated 7:00 p.m. April 6, 2020 | Read more…
Call the COVID-19 Hotline (228) 809-5044
Singing River Health System’s COVID-19 Hotline is available 24/7 to answer your questions, screen, and help with next steps.
What To Do If You Suspect You May Be Infected
Coronavirus Testing Requirements:
- Flu-like symptoms (fever and/or cough) AND
- Have traveled to a potentially contaminated location OR
- Been exposed to someone known to be infected
If you meet these requirements and are concerned you have COVID-19, please call our hotline at 228-809-5044 or one of our Medical Clinics. Mississippi Department of Health’s COVID-19 line is at (877) 978-6453.
If you need to visit the emergency department to treat SEVERE symptoms, call 911 or call ahead to your local facility before you arrive. The ED is only testing for COVID-19 if critical criteria are met.
Learn about what a coronavirus is, how infection is spread, and what steps to take in our Q&A.
Real Time Global Map
View the interactive global map of COVID-19 cases, updated in real time.
Follow the Guidance Below to Prevent the Spread of Illness
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, use the same precautions you would for the flu and common cold.
Singing River recommends these infection-prevention practices:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Call your provider if you suspect you have the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve–not your hands–when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean your home, workspace, shared items, and other frequented locations.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with sick individuals.
- The CDC does not recommend that people who are healthy wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.