What Can You Do?
Get the COVID-19 Vaccine as Soon as You Can.
Get tested for COVID-19 as soon as you notice symptoms.
COVID Testing Locations
Monday – Friday:
Weekends 8 am – 5 pm:
- Singing River Medical Clinic – Cedar Lake
- Singing River Medical Clinic – Ocean Springs
- Singing River Medical Clinic – Pascagoula
Slow the spread through conscientious daily choices.
- Isolate if you are ill–if you have ANY symptoms or feel slightly sick, you should stay away from other people including family members.
- Keep your distance when in person. Don’t be a close talker.
- Observe 6-foot physical distancing
- Wash your hands regularly
- Follow mask-wearing guidelines to protect others in case you have the virus and do not realize you have it
- Limit unnecessary trips in public
- Facetime your family and friends
- Host virtual game night in lieu of a house party
- Avoid the store – use grocery pickup services
- Shop local from the comfort of your own home…necessity breeds invention and many of our Coast businesses have risen to the occasion to provide you with safe alternative shopping options.
Take care of your health.
The effects of COVID-19 vary from person to person, but we know that smoking, obesity, diabetes, and conditions affecting the heart can have a serious impact on recovery. Take steps today to become a healthier you.
- Stop smoking
- Eat a healthy diet
- Move more — get out and take a walk
- Manage any current health conditions
- Get your flu shot. Vaccinating yourself against the flu will help you stay healthy and avoid spreading more illnesses throughout the community.
Take care of each other.
You may feel you are not at risk because of your age or your health. But we have seen COVID’s impact on young and old, fit and sick.
Recent studies indicate that over 45% of the U.S. population suffers from a health condition known to cause serious complications in conjunction with COVID-19.
That means that nearly half of your beloved friends or family members are at higher risk–and it is our responsibility to Do What It Takes to take care of them.
If you have loved ones facing any of these health concerns, your devotion to stopping the spread of COVID-19 may save their lives:
- Heart problems: Heart failure, coronary artery disease, and heart disease
- Long-term kidney disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Sickle cell disease
Your local healthcare heroes have been relentless in their fight to save lives inside our hospitals’ walls, but we need YOU to Do What It Takes to stop COVID in its tracks.
With a disease like COVID-19, today’s definition of “Do What It Takes” may be drastically different in a day, a week, or a month. Follow Singing River Health System on Facebook to keep up with the latest development in the disease and the ways that you–and our community as a whole–can Do What It Takes.
COVID is real–and it is here in our community.
It is an illness spread from brother to sister, child to parent, between friends and neighbors.
You don’t have to be diagnosed with COVID to experience the isolation, loneliness, and fear caused by this insidious disease.
COVID is unlike any storm we have faced before—it gives no warning and the damage is unpredictable.
We need you. We need your commitment in the face of this storm…to do what it takes to stop it in its tracks.
You can make a difference.
Our Statement on COVID-19
Updated 6:00 p.m. December 31, 2020 | Please encourage your friends and family to follow the guidelines we have put out on Facebook and our website to help slow the spread in our community. Read more…
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms and believe you need testing, call one of Singing River Health System’s Medical Clinics.
Stop the Spread, Call Ahead! STAY HOME and CALL US FIRST. Singing River Medical Clinics offer COVID-19 testing 7-days a week and can answer your questions, screen over the phone, and help you with the next steps in your plan of care.
What To Do If You Suspect You May Be Infected
COVID-19 testing is available to anyone, with or without symptoms.
We recommend testing if you have:
- Flu-like symptoms (fever and/or cough)
- Unexplained headaches or fatigue
- Been exposed to someone known to be infected
If you are concerned you have COVID-19, please isolate away from others and call one of our Medical Clinics.
Mississippi Department of Health’s COVID-19 line is at (877) 978-6453.
If you need to visit the emergency department to treat SEVERE symptoms, call 911 or call ahead to your local facility before you arrive. The Emergency Department is only testing for COVID-19 if critical criteria are met.
Learn about what a coronavirus is, how infection is spread, and what steps to take in our Q&A.
Real Time Global Map
View the interactive global map of COVID-19 cases, updated in real time.
Social Distancing Alert:
Follow the Guidance Below to Prevent the Spread of Illness
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, use the same precautions you would for the flu and common cold.
Singing River recommends these infection-prevention practices:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Call your provider if you suspect you have the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve–not your hands–when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean your home, workspace, shared items, and other frequented locations.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with sick individuals.
- The CDC recommends that everyone except those who are unable such as children and those with breathing impairments to wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Face masks should be used by everyone especially in populated areas and by those who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.