Our Statement on COVID-19
Updated 1:00 p.m. October 19, 2021 | We are down to 12 CoViD patients hospitalized from a high of more than 150 between the three hospitals in Pascagoula, Ocean Springs, and Gulfport. For the family and friends of those 12, it is as tough as it has ever been. We are in a much better place, but the damage the pandemic has done to our state’s health system lingers… Read more.
Over 90% of COVID hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated people
Protect yourself and your loved ones with a COVID-19 vaccine. Singing River provides Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines at a location near you.
Singing River performs COVID Testing at all of our Singing River Medical Clinics, as well as temporary Drive-Thru sites when there is a demand for it.
If you have symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, visit one of our testing locations to get the most accurate results available.
Regeneron COVID-19 Antibody Treatments
If you test positive for COVID-19, you may qualify for an outpatient antibody infusion treatment, which keeps individuals from severe illness and hospitalization due to the virus.
Please contact our clinics to see if you are a candidate and schedule an appointment as soon as you receive a positive test result.
Keep Yourself and Others Healthy
COVID is real. And it is here in our community. It is an illness spread from brother to sister, child to parent, between friends and neighbors.
You can make a difference.
Slow the spread through conscientious daily choices.
- Isolate if you are ill–if you have ANY symptoms or feel slightly sick, you should stay away from other people including family members.
- Keep your distance when in person. Don’t be a close talker.
- Observe 6-foot physical distancing
- Wash your hands regularly
- Follow mask-wearing recommendations from medical providers to protect others in case you have the virus and do not realize you have it
- Receive the COVID vaccine. The vaccine can protect you and others from severe illness and help us stop the spread of this insidious disease.
Take care of your health.
At Singing River, we believe Healthcare is Selfcare. The effects of COVID-19 vary from person to person, but we know that smoking, obesity, diabetes, and conditions affecting the heart can have a serious impact on recovery. Take steps today to become a healthier you.
- Stop smoking
- Eat a healthy diet
- Move more — get out and take a walk
- Manage any current health conditions
- Get your flu shot. Vaccinating yourself against the flu will help you stay healthy and avoid spreading more illnesses throughout the community.
Take care of each other.
You may feel you are not at risk because of your age or your health. But we have seen COVID’s impact on young and old, fit and sick. And now, with new variants, younger and younger patients re becoming severely ill.
Your local healthcare heroes have been relentless in their fight to save lives inside our hospitals’ walls, but we need YOU to Do What It Takes to stop COVID in its tracks.