Friday, April 8, 2022 | 8:00am-4:40pm
The purpose of the event is to enhance awareness to both the community and healthcare providers of the latest treatments available for the prevention and care of stroke patients. The event will consist of educational lecturers and materials on the latest advancements in stroke prevention and awareness. Educational lectures will be provided by physicians and other healthcare providers knowledgeable in the treatment and care of stroke patients.
Continuing education in Nursing, Radiology, Therapy (OT, PT, SLP), Social Work, and Pharmacy will be available to those who attend the symposium. CME will also be provided. Symposium content is 6.5 hours. Some disciplines may offer less credit depending on approved content per the organization.
2022 Topics Include:
- Functional Anatomy of Stroke Symptoms
- How to Manage Speaking Valves on a Trach Patient
- Tenecteplase vs Alteplase
- Stroke Survivor’s Story
- Cryptogenic Stroke
- Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Improve Stroke Outcomes
- Motivational – Keynote Speaker
For more information please contact Neuroscience Program Coordinator, Heather Sudduth at Heather.Sudduth@mysrhs.com.
- Astra Zeneca
- CSL Behring Biotherapies for Life
- Kare-In-Home Health Services
- Merz Therapeutics
- Ochsner Health
- Singing River Foundation
- University of South Alabama