Dear Volunteer Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer with Singing River Health System. We are proud to partner with an outstanding group of community volunteers who serve our patients and guests with great compassion and commitment through our hospital organizations.
Your application will be submitted to the membership committee of the hospital organization to which you applied, and one of their volunteers will be contacting you soon. As they consider your application and suitability as a hospital volunteer, please keep in mind a few key requirements for serving as a volunteer with Singing River Health System.
All health system volunteers must:
- Exhibit the highest standards for customer service and commitment to their community;
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening;
- Be in good physical health, able to walk extensively, able to push patients in wheelchairs (up to 300 lbs.), perform basic computer skills, etc;
- Be available at least one four hour shift per month;
- Be willing to commit to at least one year of active service;
- Be able to work independently;
- Be able to provide your own transportation.
Application processing can take four to six weeks from your original application date. Should you have any further questions regarding the application process, feel free to contact the operator for assistance.
Again thanks for your interest in serving as a hospital volunteer.
Singing River Health System Volunteer Services