Hospital Volunteer Opportunities on the Mississippi Gulf Coast
High quality volunteer service underscores every aspect of our Auxiliary Volunteer organization. Our main objectives are to:
- Provide compassionate, friendly service to patients, guests, and hospital staff
- Serve as “goodwill ambassadors” for Singing River Health System
- Support special projects and student scholarships
- Provide meaningful, well-organized, and rewarding opportunities for service to our volunteers
Auxiliary Volunteer Opportunities
An extensive variety of service opportunities are available to Auxiliary Volunteers at both hospitals, including:
- Information / Reception Desks
- Hospitality Services
- Guest Services
- Transportation / Escort
- Emergency Department
- Physical Therapy
- Cancer Center
- Special Projects
- Hospital Functions
Auxiliary Volunteer Benefits
Volunteers enjoy a free meal at every shift, free flu shots, and invitations to special events for volunteers. You’ll also enjoy the satisfaction of serving your friends and neighbors.
All Singing River Health System volunteers must:
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Be in good physical health, able to walk extensively, and able to assist patients in wheelchairs (up to 300 lbs), etc.
- Be available at least four hours per month during regular business hours, Monday — Friday.
- Be willing to commit to at least one year of active service.
- Be able to work independently.
- Be able to provide your own transportation.
- Exhibit the highest standards for customer service and commitment to their community.
Apply to Join the Auxiliary
Or Apply In Person or by Mail
You may return the application to the front desk at either hospital. You may also mail your application to:
Singing River Health System
2809 Denny Avenue
Pascagoula, MS 39581