What do you really know about vaping?
Before you consider it, consider what long term problems it might cause.
- Vaping is less harmful than smoking, but it’s still not safe.
- In 2020 alone, there were 2,807 cases of vaping use-associated lung injury and 68 deaths attributed to that condition.
- You’re exposing yourself to all kinds of chemicals that we don’t yet understand and that are probably not safe.
- Nicotine is a toxic substance. It raises your blood pressure and spikes your adrenaline, which increases your heart rate and the likelihood of having a heart attack.
- Electronic cigarettes are just as addictive as traditional ones.
Source: “5 Vaping Facts You Need to Know,” Michael Joseph Blaha, MD, MPH, Johns Hopkins Medical
Vaping & Mississippi Kids
E-cigarette use (vaping) has gained an increasing foothold among Mississippi high-schoolers, with 1 in 5 students in public high schools reporting that they vape.
Vaping delivers highly addictive nicotine directly to the lungs, with effects on the whole body.