Orbera® is a weight loss balloon designed to help with portion control and improve weight loss. While it is temporarily in your stomach for six months, it encourages your body to adapt to healthier portion sizes. The shape and volume of an Orbera® intragastric balloon take up enough space in your stomach to help you adapt to healthier portion sizes and have been shown to help patients lose up to 3x the weight of diet and exercise alone.
- BMI of 30-40 who have tried other weight loss programs and were unable to lose weight and keep it off.
- Age: 18 – 75
- Willingness to participate in nutrition class and engage in exercise regimen to aid weight loss.
- Patients who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant within six months’ time, or breast feeding
- Patients with known gastric ulcers
- Patients with active cancer
- Patients with known eating disorders
- Previous gastric surgery
Steps for Orbera Program
- Begin by watching our FREE informational webinar
- Bari Assessment
- Nutrition 101
- Balloon Placement
- Follow-up appointment with surgeon one week after placement
- Monthly weight management visits for six months, then schedule balloon removal
- Balloon Removal
- Follow-up appointment with surgeon one week after removal
- Optional monthly weight management visits for six additional months
Orbera Program Cost: $8,500
Includes cost for procedure at the outpatient surgery center and includes: $7,000 to facility (including anesthesia) and $1,500 to surgeon. Balloon removal included. Payment will be made at the initial Bari Assessment Visit.