Bariatric surgery has long been considered a safe and effective option for obese patients to improve their health and increase longevity. Current guidelines restrict surgery to patients with a Body Mass Index [BMI] over 40 or a BMI over 35 with obesity-related illnesses. If you are interested in weight loss surgery but do not qualify because your BMI falls below the current guidelines, you may be eligible for weight loss surgery through the Jump-Start Low BMI program offered at Singing River Weight Loss Center, through the BARInet Preferred Provider Network.
Patients who qualify for the Jump-Start Low BMI Program will have the option for a Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure at Singing River’s world-class facilities. Singing River has been accredited by American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery program (MBSAQIP). MBSAQIP works to advance safe, high-quality care for bariatric surgical patients through the accreditation of bariatric surgical centers. A bariatric surgical center achieves accreditation following a rigorous review process during which it proves that it can maintain certain physical resources, human resources, and standards of practice. All accredited centers report their outcomes to the MBSAQIP database.
Self-Pay Jump-Start Low BMI
Sleeve, BMI of 30 to 34.9
Our self-pay packages include one year of follow-up care with your surgeon, six months of hospital readmission protection, all costs associated with the surgery, pre-surgical office visits, facility fees, surgeon fee, anesthesia fee, overnight stay in a qualifying facility, meetings with nutritionist, and support group meetings.
Patients must be medically cleared by their surgeon and medical team as well as anesthesia prior to surgery. Exclusions apply to what is covered under surgery. Cost of pre-op testing and psychological evaluations are not included in the cash pay package price.
Patients, age 18-60, with a BMI between 30 and 34 with or without conditions such as:
- Type ll Diabetes (with Impaired Fasting Glucose or Insulin Resistance)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
Patients meeting any of the below criteria will not be eligible for the Jump-Start Low BMI Bariatric Surgery program.
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes with more than 10 years of diagnosis of disease, poor glycemic control (HgbA1C > 7) even with intensive medical treatment with oral medication and/or insulin.
- Insulin pumps
- Use of blood thinners
- History of prior CVA (Stroke) or MI (Heart Attack)
- Use of home oxygen
- Sleep apnea (utilizing cpap or bipap)
- History of DVT (Deep Venous Thrombosis – blood clots)
- Active smokers or active vapors
- Patients who have had prior bariatric surgery (with exception of band who may be considered upon consultation, with additional band removal fees to be expected).
- If during the program it is deemed necessary for patient to have a cardiac clearance to proceed
Surgeon retains right to exclude a patient if he/she deems a patient to be a poor surgical candidate regardless of criteria listed above.
For patients with a bariatric exclusion in their policy, those who do not have insurance, and those who are seeking surgery outside the constraints of their insurance company, we offer many self-funded options for bariatric surgery. We have self-pay programs for many different types of weight loss surgery as well as secondary, or revision procedures. Find Out More HerE